WELCOME TO THE RENNER PTA WEBSITE!
It's Recognition Time: Texas PTA Life Member Nominations wanted
Honor someone you feel has done an outstanding job on behalf of Renner students with a Life Membership Award. The only requirement for receiving this honor is the recipient must have made a "worthwhile contribution to the well-being of children and youth. He or she (while usually a member of PTA) does not have to be a member of the PTA, nor must the service for this honor being bestowed be connected with PTA."
Simply fill out and submit this form by December 1, 2018.
Life Member and Extended Service Awards (where the recipient must have been actively involved in the Texas PTA for ten years AND be a Texas PTA Life Member) should use the same form with the appropriate box checked at the top, and submitted to email@example.com.
The awards will be announced in early December. A banquet honoring the award recipients will be held on Monday, March 18th @ 6 PM. Details about the banquet will be sent out when awards are announced.
Please consider honoring a hard-working PTA member or volunteer, a teacher who has gone above & beyond--someone who has stood out, and made an impact that deserves to be recognized.
Renner PTA, V.P. - Membership
Science Fair is coming, and there are two ways you can help.
Science fair judges are needed for 11/28! If you are interested, please RSVP via the Science Fair Judge form. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Cropper or Ms. Beall. You do not need prior judging experience to volunteer, but you must have PISD volunteer clearance, which can be completed HERE.
The Science Fair committee is also in need of help on 11/27 to accept and place projects as the kids bring them during science classes. We will be helping them cover up their names with post-it notes. Your help makes a tremendous different at the fair - even if you can come just part of the day! Please email Heather Burchett.
Sign up to volunteer HERE
Thank you for making this the best fair!
Did you know Renner has about 1200 students, and 100% of the faculty belong to PTA, but only 50% of Renner families have joined?! Renner teachers are that committed to your children, and if they are, shouldn’t you be too?
We challenge YOU to be a part of your child’s school comm-YOU-nity and join today on the Renner Membership Toolkit (MTK) under rennerpta.membershiptoolkit.com.
Membership costs only $25 for a 2-adult, or $20 for a single adult membership for the entire school year.
- Each school has its own PTA, and joining one of your children’s schools does NOT mean you have joined them all. For example, joining at your elementary school does not automatically mean you have joined your middle or high school PTA,
- Being a member keeps you informed. It does NOT mean you are volunteering for anything unless you choose to do so.
- Joining means you will be included in the student directory (but you may opt out if you choose), and the directory is accessible under the MTK app easily downloaded for FREE on your smartphone.
Potential members frequently ask, “What does PTA really do, and what does my money pay for?” Here are some examples of all the things your $20-25 pays for:
- Fun social events for the kids like throughout the year,
- Fundraisers like the Color Run, the Book Fair, and Packet Pick-Up day (saving you money on school supplies bought in bulk),
- PE apparel, music t-shirts, and other spirit wear from design to finished items for sale,
- Teacher grants for improvements to the school not paid for by the district,
- Hosting teacher appreciation lunches that aren’t paid for by your tax dollars,
- Guest speakers and experts brought into the school to discuss current topics of interest such as technology, and internet safety for the kids and parents.
If you have any questions, contact Sara Burnett, Renner V.P. - Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's time to order your yearbook!!
The last day to purchase your 2019 Renner Middle School yearbook at the current price of $35 is November 2nd! After that, they will increase to $40.
Click and order yours today!! Jostens Yearbook
Looking for a creative way to tell your student, “I love you and I’m proud of you”?
Place a recognition ad in the yearbook! Reserve a space for your ad today to say how proud you are. Like the yearbook, your message will be a permanent memory. Full details can be found HERE.
PTA Legislative News
The last day for Early Voting is November 2nd! Election Day is November 6th. Info for Collin County residents can be found HERE.
Want to stay up to date on Plano ISD School Board news? Visit this page (https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1541) for meeting dates, minutes, or videos of past meetings.
PTA Reflections 2018-2019
Reflections 2018-2019 “Heroes Around Me”
PTA Reflections Contest Reminder:
The PTA Reflections deadline has been EXTENDED.
The form and rules can be found at HERE
All entries are due by Friday, November 9th
Students can submit entries in the following categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Students can submit multiple entries in any of the categories. All submissions must be accompanied by an entry form. Please be sure to fill the form out completely and follow the rules that are also listed.
Entries can be dropped off at the Front Office or contact our Reflections Chair: email@example.com
Welcome to Renner PTA's Membership Toolkit!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here.