WELCOME TO THE RENNER PTA WEBSITE!
School Portrait Day is Coming!!
*Order Form Attached HERE
SchoolPix Inc. will be taking individual school pictures at
Renner Middle School on:
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Two ways to order portraits….
- Attached you will find an order form, please print and fill out the order form and return with payment to the photographer on picture day.
- To order online by credit card, please go to https://schoolpix.ephotohost.biz/ . When prompted, enter Renner's School Code 1819-0078. A confirmation email will be sent confirming your order has been received. No further action is required.
Please note: All orders are to be submitted to the photographer on picture day. All school portraits are 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
Science Fair is coming, and there are two ways you can help.
Science fair judges are needed for 11/28! If you are interested, please RSVP via the Science Fair Judge form. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Cropper or Ms. Beall. You do not need prior judging experience to volunteer, but you must have PISD volunteer clearance, which can be completed HERE.
The Science Fair committee is also in need of help on 11/27 to accept and place projects as the kids bring them during science classes. We will be helping them cover up their names with post-it notes. Your help makes a tremendous different at the fair - even if you can come just part of the day! Please email Heather Burchett.
Thank you for making this the best fair!
Did you know Renner has about 1200 students, and 100% of the faculty belong to PTA, but only 50% of Renner families have joined?! Renner teachers are that committed to your children, and if they are, shouldn’t you be too?
We challenge YOU to be a part of your child’s school comm-YOU-nity and join today on the Renner Membership Toolkit (MTK) under rennerpta.membershiptoolkit.com.
Membership costs only $25 for a 2-adult, or $20 for a single adult membership for the entire school year.
- Each school has its own PTA, and joining one of your children’s schools does NOT mean you have joined them all. For example, joining at your elementary school does not automatically mean you have joined your middle or high school PTA,
- Being a member keeps you informed. It does NOT mean you are volunteering for anything unless you choose to do so.
- Joining means you will be included in the student directory (but you may opt out if you choose), and the directory is accessible under the MTK app easily downloaded for FREE on your smartphone.
Potential members frequently ask, “What does PTA really do, and what does my money pay for?” Here are some examples of all the things your $20-25 pays for:
- Fun social events for the kids like throughout the year,
- Fundraisers like the Color Run, the Book Fair, and Packet Pick-Up day (saving you money on school supplies bought in bulk),
- PE apparel, music t-shirts, and other spirit wear from design to finished items for sale,
- Teacher grants for improvements to the school not paid for by the district,
- Hosting teacher appreciation lunches that aren’t paid for by your tax dollars,
- Guest speakers and experts brought into the school to discuss current topics of interest such as technology, and internet safety for the kids and parents.
If you have any questions, contact Sara Burnett, Renner V.P. - Membership at email@example.com.
It's time to order your yearbook!!
The last day to purchase your 2019 Renner Middle School yearbook at the current price of $35 is November 2nd! After that, they will increase to $40.
Click and order yours today!! Jostens Yearbook
Looking for a creative way to tell your student, “I love you and I’m proud of you”?
Place a recognition ad in the yearbook! Reserve a space for your ad today to say how proud you are. Like the yearbook, your message will be a permanent memory. Full details can be found HERE.
PTA Legislative News
In order to vote in the election on November 6th, you must register to vote by October 9th. Learn more or double check that your voter registration is current at Voter Registration Early voting begins October 22nd.
Texas PTA invited the candidates for US Senate to share their stance on public education. To view their responses, click HERE.
For the current issue of "Under the Dome" published by Texas PTA, click HERE, which includes info on the report issued by the House Public Education Committee regarding school safety and the need for more special education teachers in the state.
Want to stay up to date on Plano ISD School Board news? Visit this page (https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1541) for meeting dates, minutes, or videos of past meetings.
Reflections has been a staple arts program in many schools for 50 years. Through the efforts of our Local PTAs, millions of students have found a creative outlet in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts.
The arts—and the National PTA Reflections program—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
The theme this year is “Heroes Around Me”
Due: Friday Nov. 2, 2018
Where: Entries can be dropped off at the Front Office
Students can submit entries in the following categories:
Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, or Visual Arts
Students can submit multiple entries in the any of the categories.
Rules and Entry Forms can be found at: Reflections Program
Welcome to Renner PTA's Membership Toolkit!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here.