WELCOME TO THE RENNER PTA WEBSITE!
Happy Bidding and good luck winning the item(s) of your choice.
Did you know Renner has about 1200 students, and 100% of the faculty belong to PTA, but only 50% of Renner families have joined?! Renner teachers are that committed to your children, and if they are, shouldn’t you be too?
We challenge YOU to be a part of your child’s school comm-YOU-nity and join today on the Renner Membership Toolkit (MTK) under rennerpta.membershiptoolkit.com.
Membership costs only $25 for a 2-adult, or $20 for a single adult membership for the entire school year.
- Each school has its own PTA, and joining one of your children’s schools does NOT mean you have joined them all. For example, joining at your elementary school does not automatically mean you have joined your middle or high school PTA,
- Being a member keeps you informed. It does NOT mean you are volunteering for anything unless you choose to do so.
- Joining means you will be included in the student directory (but you may opt out if you choose), and the directory is accessible under the MTK app easily downloaded for FREE on your smartphone.
Potential members frequently ask, “What does PTA really do, and what does my money pay for?” Here are some examples of all the things your $20-25 pays for:
- Fun social events for the kids like throughout the year,
- Fundraisers like the Color Run, the Book Fair, and Packet Pick-Up day (saving you money on school supplies bought in bulk),
- PE apparel, music t-shirts, and other spirit wear from design to finished items for sale,
- Teacher grants for improvements to the school not paid for by the district,
- Hosting teacher appreciation lunches that aren’t paid for by your tax dollars,
- Guest speakers and experts brought into the school to discuss current topics of interest such as technology, and internet safety for the kids and parents.
If you have any questions, contact Sara Burnett, Renner V.P. - Membership at email@example.com.
It's time to order your yearbook!!
Order by September 14th for 4 free icons and the lowest price of the year!
Click and order yours today!! Jostens Yearbook
Looking for a creative way to tell your student, “I love you and I’m proud of you”?
Place a recognition ad in the yearbook! Reserve a space for your ad today to say how proud you are. Like the yearbook, your message will be a permanent memory. Full details can be found HERE.
Renner Middle School is participating in a Peanut Butter Drive sponsored by The City of Plano and The North Texas Food Bank. The collection bin is located in the rotunda and we will be collecting all kinds of nut butter through the end of September.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the serious issue in our area.
“By donating a jar of peanut butter, you’re helping someone in your community, people that you might even know and that you just don’t realize are in that situation.”
PTA Legislative News
Don't forget to register to vote or double-check that your registration is current! The deadline to register is October 9, in order to vote in the November 6 election.
- For more info: VoteTexas.gov.
- Voter Registration Facts Voter Registration Facts
The Texas Senate Select Committee on Violence in Schools and School Security has issued an interim report, and a list of recommendations based on its four interim charges. Among the recommendations were several that Texas PTA has been discussing with legislators, Governor's staff, and the Texas School Safety Center. Read the full report Here
Taxparency Texas is a grassroots effort initiated by public school districts acting on behalf of their schools, to educate the public about the collection and allocation of local school property tax revenue. For more info: TaxparencyTexas.org.
Want to stay up to date on Plano ISD School Board news? Visit this page (https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1541) for meeting dates, minutes, or videos of past meetings.
Reflections has been a staple arts program in many schools for 50 years. Through the efforts of our Local PTAs, millions of students have found a creative outlet in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts.
The arts—and the National PTA Reflections program—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for building strong partnerships in your school community. Celebrate arts learning in your school community with Reflections.
The theme this year is “Heroes Around Me”
Due: Friday Nov. 2, 2018
Where: Entries can be dropped off at the Front Office
Students can submit entries in the following categories:
Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, or Visual Arts
Students can submit multiple entries in the any of the categories.
Rules and Entry Forms can be found at: Reflections Program
Welcome to Renner PTA's Membership Toolkit!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here.