WELCOME TO THE RENNER PTA WEBSITE!
Plano ISD seeks your input about two proposed calendars for the 2019-2020 school year. Click HERE to take the quick survey.
Plano ISD Council of PTA's has adopted Legislative Priorities for 2019. Read more HERE.
Texas PTA has adopted priorities for the 86th Session of the Texas Legislature that begins January 8, 2019. Number one on the list of public school funding reform. For more information, click HERE. To learn more about Texas property taxes and school financing issues, visit this LINK.
TEA awarded $2 million in school safety grants.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has been awarded two Students, Teachers and Officers Preventing (STOP) School Violence Act grants. Both federal grants, worth $1 million each, will be used to support mental health training for Texas school districts, as well as establish effective campus threat assessment practices across the state.
Did you know Renner has about 1200 students, and 100% of the faculty belong to PTA, but only 50% of Renner families have joined?! Renner teachers are that committed to your children, and if they are, shouldn’t you be too?
We challenge YOU to be a part of your child’s school comm-YOU-nity and join today on the Renner Membership Toolkit (MTK) under rennerpta.membershiptoolkit.com.
Membership costs only $25 for a 2-adult, or $20 for a single adult membership for the entire school year.
- Each school has its own PTA, and joining one of your children’s schools does NOT mean you have joined them all. For example, joining at your elementary school does not automatically mean you have joined your middle or high school PTA,
- Being a member keeps you informed. It does NOT mean you are volunteering for anything unless you choose to do so.
- Joining means you will be included in the student directory (but you may opt out if you choose), and the directory is accessible under the MTK app easily downloaded for FREE on your smartphone.
Potential members frequently ask, “What does PTA really do, and what does my money pay for?” Here are some examples of all the things your $20-25 pays for:
- Fun social events for the kids like throughout the year,
- Fundraisers like the Color Run, the Book Fair, and Packet Pick-Up day (saving you money on school supplies bought in bulk),
- PE apparel, music t-shirts, and other spirit wear from design to finished items for sale,
- Teacher grants for improvements to the school not paid for by the district,
- Hosting teacher appreciation lunches that aren’t paid for by your tax dollars,
- Guest speakers and experts brought into the school to discuss current topics of interest such as technology, and internet safety for the kids and parents.
If you have any questions, contact Sara Burnett, Renner V.P. - Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's time to order your yearbook!!
The last day to purchase your 2019 Renner Middle School yearbook at the current price of $35 is November 2nd! After that, they will increase to $40.
Click and order yours today!! Jostens Yearbook
Looking for a creative way to tell your student, “I love you and I’m proud of you”?
Place a recognition ad in the yearbook! Reserve a space for your ad today to say how proud you are. Like the yearbook, your message will be a permanent memory. Full details can be found HERE.
Mark your calendars, our next Teacher Treats will be January 18th! This is a great, easy way to help out the PTA! If you are interested in donating food items, please click HERE to add your name to the Teacher Treats volunteer interest form. We will be sending out more communication in the coming weeks!
Welcome to Renner PTA's Membership Toolkit!
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here.